Registrations have now closed. Thanks for your support! Please contact us at email@example.com to register for online on-demand viewing of the discussions.
The 2023 PGMs Industry Day
2023 PGMs Industry Day
For Producers, Investors & Users of PGMs
Tuesday 28 March 2023
Country Club Johannesburg, Auckland Park
Resources 4 Africa was pleased to announce the 6th edition of its annual PGMs Industry Day, which took place on 28th March 2023 in Johannesburg. A high-level strategic gathering that brings together the leading global industry players, including mining companies, end users and investors, the PGMs Industry Day tackled all the critical industry issues in a series of frank and open discussions.
CEOs, industry leaders and key stakeholders discussed the current opportunities and challenges facing the PGMs sector in South Africa and internationally. Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, this was a day of forward-looking discussions that included:
- Trends in the sector and strategies of producers
- Current geo-political and economic realities and impacts
- Implications and opportunities arising from climate change and COP27
- The role of PGMs in the energy transition and the road to net zero carbon emissions
- PGMs and the transformation of the automotive industry - combustion engines vs fuel cell EVs vs battery EVs
- Supply, demand and future projections: where will new supply come from?
- Investors and funders of PGMs – the latest views
- Market development and applications for the future
- Capital allocation and investment
- Mines of the future - political, social and environmental considerations
- Government levers for increasing investment and growth
- Recycling, recovery and reprocessing
- Beneficiation opportunities
- The role of PGMs in the hydrogen economy
- And more...
Please feel free to keep in touch with us on Twitter, @JoburgIndaba using the following hashtag: #joburgindaba and please also join our LinkedIn Group by clicking on the link.
Chair: Bernard Swanepoel
Repositioning PGMs for a sustainable green future
Chairman’s Welcome and Introduction
Opening keynote address: Reflecting on the progress of the PGMs industry and how to position PGMs for the future
Natascha Viljoen, CEO, Anglo American Platinum
Nico Muller, CEO, Impala Platinum
|11h00–11h30||Morning refreshments and networking
|11h30–12h30||CEO conversations (continued)
|11h30-12h00||Steve Phiri, CEO, Royal Bafokeng Platinum
|12h00-12h30||Richard Stewart, Chief Regional Officer: Southern Africa, Sibanye-Stillwater
|13h00-13h45||Lunch and networking
|15h15-15h45||Afternoon refreshments and networking
|17h30-17h35||Closing remarks from the Chair
We were delighted to welcome back EY-Parthenon as the Lead Sponsor of the 2023 PGMs Industry Day and our numerous mining industry partners and regular sponsors, which include:
Mining Industry Partners:
For sponsorship opportunities at our conferences contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Media Partners
African Mining Brief, African Mining News, African Surveyors, CoalShastra, Forerunner, Global African Network, Interact Media, Media Xpose, Mining Business Africa, Mining CSI, Mining Weekly, Modern Mining, 3S Media, Sub-Sahara Mining and Industrial Journal, The SA Miner
The PGMs Industry Day is brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba.
“By the industry for the industry”
The organisers reserve the right to amend the programme and timings of the agenda at their discretion.