Date: 28 March 2023
Time: 08h45 - 17h00
Price (excl. VAT):
R5 950 - In-person*
R3 950 - Online only
* The price for in-person includes full online access both before and after the event.
The 2023 PGMs Industry Day
2023 PGMs Industry Day
For Producers, Investors & Users of PGMs
Tuesday 28 March 2023
Country Club Johannesburg, Auckland Park & Online
Resources 4 Africa is pleased to announce the 6th edition of its annual PGMs Industry Day, taking place on 28th March 2023 in Johannesburg. A high-level strategic gathering that brings together the leading global industry players, including mining companies, end users and investors, the PGMs Industry Day will tackle all the critical industry issues in a series of frank and open discussions.
CEOs, industry leaders and key stakeholders will discuss the current opportunities and challenges facing the PGMs sector in South Africa and internationally. Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, this will be a day of forward-looking discussions that will include:
- Trends in the sector and strategies of producers
- Current geo-political and economic realities and impacts
- Implications and opportunities arising from climate change and COP27
- The role of PGMs in the energy transition and the road to net zero carbon emissions
- PGMs and the transformation of the automotive industry - combustion engines vs fuel cell EVs vs battery EVs
- Supply, demand and future projections: where will new supply come from?
- Investors and funders of PGMs – the latest views
- Market development and applications for the future
- Capital allocation and investment
- Mines of the future - political, social and environmental considerations
- Government levers for increasing investment and growth
- Recycling, recovery and reprocessing
- Beneficiation opportunities
- The role of PGMs in the hydrogen economy
- And more...
The full programme and speakers will be announced in the new year. Keep checking the website for announcements.
Please feel free to keep in touch with us on Twitter, @JoburgIndaba using the following hashtag: #joburgindaba and please also join our LinkedIn Group by clicking on the link.
Chair: Bernard Swanepoel
We are delighted to welcome back EY-Parthenon as the Lead Sponsor of the 2023 PGMs Industry Day and our numerous mining industry partners and regular sponsors, which include:
Mining Industry Partners:
For sponsorship opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Media Partners
African Mining Brief, African Mining News, Forerunner, Interact Media, Inside Mining, Media Expose, Mining Business Africa, Mining News
The PGMs Industry Day is brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba.
“By the industry for the industry”
The organisers reserve the right to amend the programme and timings of the agenda at their discretion.